Florida Association for
Home & Community Education of Pasco County
The Florida Association for Home and Community Education (HCE) is a non-profit, volunteer organization sponsored by the University of Florida Extension Service. Its mission is to strengthen families through programs of community leadership, continuing education, and community service. Local clubs perform community service projects and assist with Extension educational programs. The Pasco county club's agent adviser is Betsy Crisp, Pasco's Extension family and consumers sciences agent.
Pasco County has one HCE club, Fort Dade, that meets the first Friday of all months except June, July and August at iHops in Dade City from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.. Fort Dade is always open to new members. Any adult individual regardless of race, color, sex or national origin, can be a member of an FAHCE club.
The FAHCE member has an opportunity:
- to meet others in educational and social settings
- to keep up-to-date on trends and research
- to grow personally; develop self concept
- to share experiences and information
- to continue learning
- to become a leader
- to develop skills
The Pasco County FAHCE Issues for Emphasis are:
- FAHCE Membership Registration Form
- HCE State Handbook 2014
- Family, Youth & Community Sciences, University of Florida